Langstone Technology Park Boast 3rd Consecutive Annual Increase In Overall Customer Satisfaction Created on 21/10/2011 12:36:00
The team behind Langstone Technology Park (LTP) are celebrating as they unveil yet another increase in overall customer satisfaction in 2011, achieving 92%. This is a 1% incremental increase from the previous year and more significantly ranks 38% higher than the national average for overall occupier satisfaction*.
Now in its third year, the survey was conducted during August and September by Fasset Ltd, the national facilities management company that manage and operate the multi-tenanted 40-acre site in Havant, Hampshire.
The survey comprised of 28 questions covering the seven service drivers at LTP. Its intention was primarily to measure the extent to which customers are happy with the service being provided, but also to gauge the effectiveness of the improvements made since the last survey. And maybe more importantly to understand what else is required to differentiate between what is simply delivering a good service and delivering an exceptional service.
The seven key areas surveyed were: Heath Safety and Environmental, Security, Maintenance, Mailroom/Logistics, Occupational Health, Reception and Housekeeping. All bar one scored over 90% satisfaction with Mailroom/Logistics achieving a fantastic 98%. The feedback as ever was constructive and forms the basis for Fasset’s ‘Service Delivery Team’ strategy for the forthcoming year.
Key findings from employees who responded included:
- 99% feel safe when working onsite
- 96% said meeting rooms were set up as requested
- 95% would recommend LTP to a business colleague looking for office space
- 97% felt the Customer Service Delivery team was professional and approachable
- 99% were satisfied with the Reception areas
Gary Medlow, Managing Director, Fasset Ltd attributes this increase in customer satisfaction to our focus on continuous process improvement across the key areas of the business: “This measurement at such a ground level is absolutely key when quantifying our performance and establishing areas where improvements are needed. Surveying customers is risky as you can never anticipate the final outcome, but to have gone from 87% to 92% in 3 years is just fantastic. We have implemented many initiatives to improve the customer experience by tackling issues at root cause. We gave our staff more training and empowerment which has paid off ten-fold as teams averaged 97% for professionalism and approachability. We have introduced health and lifestyle initiatives like bootcamp; improved the restaurant area to enrich recreation time; and opened an onsite pre-school nursery to help working parents.
“The feedback here was honest and I would thank everyone who took the time to respond. Around 3,500 employees do business each day at Langstone Technology Park and to our credit we are currently at a record occupancy level. Our biggest challenge therefore will be not just maintaining this level of service delivery but enhancing it – but I am confident that we will”.
*Occupier Satisfaction Survey, Property Industry Alliance & CoreNet Global UK. 2011
A selection of customer comments:
- I think it's a great place to work.
- I have always found all the staff at LTP very friendly and helpful and enjoy working here.
- Very pleased with the service provided.
- Keep up the good work.
- Special thanks to the people who clean the men’s showers in big shower block. Despite some people leaving it in a mess (mud, etc) it's always cleaned to a very high standard every day.
- LTP appears to be a progressive and enlightened organisation, keen to deliver excellent service to customers in every aspect, if this is continued, this building will become a desirable and sought after location to work.
- May I say the cleaners who clean our office are exceptional very friendly and very approachable.
- I have always found all members of the LTP Team approachable and helpful, always say hello with a smile.
- I think the site and facilities are mostly excellent and would definitely recommend a colleague/friend to base their office from here. Kudos to the security staff who are friendly, helpful and professional.
- Very good facilities, nice location.
- Like the look of the new reception :)
- Really happy with improvements to bike changing rooms and showers.
- I am a home worker and use Langstone Park infrequently but when I do use it I have always found it to be a great place to come and work.